At Études de Ballet, we offer a family-friendly, yet professional environment so your child(ren) can get the best training possible. Please familiarize yourself with our policies to make sure that you and your child(ren) know what to expect while taking classes at Études de Ballet.
Registration and Enrollment
How to register:
1) Read through the Policies & Procedures and Parent Consent Forms thoroughly, consult the Student Class Schedule, and, if you are a returning student, review the Instructor Placement Recommendation Sheet to determine the classes for which you would like to enroll.
2) Complete the Student Registration Form in its entirety. This must be signed and dated by an adult student, parent or guardian.
3) Turn in the completed forms to the front desk with your Registration Fee, Tuition Payment, and if applicable, the Monthly Payment Policy and Financial Agreement form. We accept Cash, Checks, Debit Cards, Money Orders, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
- Every person taking a class at Études de Ballet must be a registered student with a completed Registration Form on file. The non-refundable, annual registration fee is $25, and is in effect from August 1 - August 31 of the following year. After January 2, the fee drops to $15 for new students enrolling for the Spring Session. After May 1, the fee drops to $10 for new students enrolling for the Summer Session. ALL Registration Fees expire on July 31.
- Registration Fees for families are as follows: $25 for the 1st child, $15 for the 2nd child, $10 for any additional children. After January 2; $15 for the 1st child, $10 for any additional children. After May 1, $10 for each child in a given family. ALL Registration Fees expire on July 31.
- Early enrollment begins as soon as the Student Class Schedule is released; mid-July for Fall, mid-December for Spring, mid-May for Summer. Students will be notified when the schedule is released through email, our Études Marquee, or postings in the studio. Students may choose to 1) pay monthly for each session, or 2) pay for the session in full to receive a 10% discount. Option #2 will remain in effect ONLY through the second Saturday of any given session.
- All new, 3-year old students must take a trial class to make sure they are ready for a structured class. The Registration Form must be completed and the Registration Fee paid prior to taking the class. At the end of the trial class, your instructor will tell you if they feel your child is ready to enroll in a 3-year old class. Please call in advance to let us know if you would like to sign up for a trial class. (239-593-8280)
- Any new student wishing to take a trial class must complete a Registration Form and pay the Registration Fee prior to taking a class.
Tuition and Fees
Refund Policy: Études de Ballet has a NO REFUND policy. Fees will not be refunded for any reason. Missed classes must be made up during the current session in the same level or below.
- Tuition will be reduced by 10% if the total amount due for the session is paid in full by the second Saturday of any given session.
- Tuition may be paid in Monthly Installments. The first month’s Tuition, plus the non-refundable Registration Fee, is due upon enrollment. The Balance Due is divided into equal monthly payments and is automatically charged to a provided credit or debit card on the 1st day of the remaining months in any given session.
- Rates for families are determined by charging for the combined total number of hours the family members take per week, if the total is less than 7 hours. When the total isgreater than 7 hours, the sibling taking the greater number hours will pay the normal rate, and the additional sibling(s) will pay 60% of the normal rate for the combined total number of hours they take.
- To encourage boys to dance, boys pay for the 1st class they take per week. All additional classes they take per week are free.
- Additional fees that may be incurred by participants could include costume, performance, recital, choreography, Competition Dance Team and recital fees. Any and all fees paid to Etudes de Ballet are non-refundable.
- Études de Ballet reserves the right to withdraw any student from a recital, whose financial obligations to the studio are not met within the time frame given.
Code of Conduct
- Études de Ballet is a Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) studio. Our Ballet classes follow the RAD curriculum and our schedule is designed to meet the needs of all dancers. Whether you are a student preparing for a career in dance or a college dance program, or whether you simply want to learn and experience the joy of dance, you have a place in our studio. We welcome and respect students of all ages, shapes and sizes.
- Safety is a priority at Études de Ballet. Our classes, curriculum, and proper warm-ups are instructed with the students’ bodies in mind. Please respect corrections, as great care is taken by our instructors to ensure that students learn proper technique without developing bad habits that could be the cause of future injuries. Our two largest studios, as well as Études Too, are designed with sprung-wooden floors to absorb the shock and impact of dance movements.
- Students must arrive to class on time in order to be properly warmed-up and prepared. Coming in more than 10 minutes late, may result in a student being asked to observe rather than participate.
- Students must wait to enter the classroom until class is called.
- In order to keep disruptions at a minimum, students must obtain prior approval to leave a class before dismissal time.
- Students may make-up any missed classes during the current session in the same level class, or one that fits the dancer’s skill level and age. Missed classes are not refundable.
- Études de Ballet reserves the right to combine classes, change times, provide substitute or replacement instructors, or cancel class when deemed necessary. Every effort will be made to reschedule a cancelled class and notify students of changes as soon as possible. These decisions will be made by the studio Director.
- Instructors are available for a placement conference, if a request for an appointment for this is made through the front desk. We welcome opportunities to discuss a child’s dance education with parents and/or guardians.
- To reserve a student’s spot in a class, Tuition must be paid in full, or a signed Monthly Payment Policy and Financial Agreement form must be on file with the studio. When a class is full, enrollment will be closed.
- Dress Code adherence for ALL classes is expected of Études de Ballet Students. All class uniforms should be clean and in good repair. Please refer to the Dress Code information sheet for requirements and options.
- Children not attending classes must be supervised at all times. We ask that loud children be taken outside of the building to avoid disruption of classes and to provide a more pleasant atmosphere in the lobby area.
- Parents/Guardians may view classes through the viewing windows of each studio. Please be courteous of the instructors, students and other viewers by not interacting with your child through the windows. Instructors reserve the right to close the blinds when necessary.
- Fully potty trained children are welcome to enroll in classes.
- Water is permitted inside the studios. Please enjoy all other food and beverages in the kitchen or lobby area.
- All students, participants, parents, guardians and guests are expected to clean up after themselves. There are several trash receptacles placed throughout the studio. Please do your part to help keep our beautiful facility looking nice, as many students spend many hours and days each week within these walls.
- Please clearly label all of your uniforms, shoes, clothing, water bottles and all other belongings with your name or initials. There are cubbies in the back hallway where your items may be kept during classes. Lost and found items are also kept in the cubbies. At the beginning of each session, all items that are still left over from the previous season will be thrown away or given to a charitable organization. Études de Ballet is not responsible for any lost and/or stolen items, and we ask that you leave all valuables at home.
- Études de Ballet emails are periodically sent to students or their families to alert you of important news, upcoming events, class information, change of schedules, enrollment periods etc... If your email address or phone number changes, please inform the front desk to ensure that you are receiving all of the valuable studio updates.
- Études de Ballet generally follows the Collier County Public School annual calendar for vacation periods.
Études de Ballet believes that learning to dance can be hard work. It is a process, not an overnight accomplishment, and along the way it takes perseverance and determination to develop good dancing technique. We’ve created a schedule and designed our classes to be challenging to students, but offer an opportunity for enjoyment, fun, camaraderie and growth. As children get older and progress through our programs, they can expect to work harder each year as their skills and technique.